1. Pay attention when your spouse mentions things he/she likes or expresses interest in something that could make a great gift. It’s very flattering to know that someone really tried to find a gift that was just what you wanted.
2. Frequently offer foot, shoulder, and full body massages to your spouse. You’ll get plenty of romantic brownie points in your ” Relationship Bank Account”. Make sure to let them know that sex is not the ulterior motive behind these massages.
3. Giving sweet cards/letters to your spouse can be romantic. Handwritten letters sent through the mail are becoming more and more of a rarity. That will make more of an impact than just sending an email.
4. Look for opportunities to pamper/spoil your spouse. Letting a spouse sleep late while you attend to the kids or tell your spouse to relax while you clean up after dinner with such words as ” You’re such a love. It’s fun to pamper you.”
5. Talking in front your spouse to someone else about your partner’s good points. Take full advantage of opportunities to say ” I’m so lucky to have such a supportive wife ( or husband ). She’s such a treasure. I’m a lucky man.”